RWANDA: PM Ngirente presents report on Imihigo 2017 performance
10.10.2017-Kigali/ The Morning 0f 06 October at the Parliament Building, Prime Minister Dr. Edouard Ngirente presented a report on district performance for the 2016/2017 fiscal year where Rwamagana, Musanze and Huye respectively emerged as the best performer and got awards.
During this event, Ministers and Districts Mayors signed performance contracts to be implemented in the 2017-2018 Financial Year before the President of the Republic of Rwanda.
Performance in percentage
Regarding the performance of the joint Imihigo for central and local government, the evaluation shows that service delivery sector comes on top with 82.2% followed by job creation with 78%, the agriculture and farming occupy the 3rd place with 77,8% and other sectors like urbanization and export follow.
According to pillars, justice and good governance come on top with 70,3%, the social cluster occupies the second place with 69,8% while the economic cluster scored 65,9%.
In general, the individual and joint ministries Imihigo were achieved at 67.8% per cent from 56.6 % of the 2015/2016 Fiscal Year.
On the Districts side, this year’s general performance is 78,2 % from 75% of 2015/2016. The social cluster scored on 79% and the economic cluster comes at 76% while good governance and justice recorded 71%.
Premier Ngirente added that the important achievements registered during Imihigo 2016/2017 are:
- 225.865 jobs were created on the 205.161 that were planned
- 83.467 km of tarmacked roads were constructed and renovated compared to 84.767 planned kilometers
- 99.742 out of 179.148 planned households were connected to electricity
- In the One Cow per poor family program, 34.052 cows were distributed to families a number that surpasses the planned 33.171.
Projections during 2017/2018
Prime Minister Edouard Ngirente also illustrated what will be focused on during 2017/2018 Imihigo
- During 2017/2018 Imihigo, the emphasis will be on economic, social and governance sectors.
- In the economic sector, job creation is a top priority along with empowering youth in entrepreneurship; increase the production of agriculture and farming.
- Improving urbanization, quality of education, health, fight against malnutrition, hygiene and unity and reconciliation programs will dominate the social cluster.
Office of the Prime Minister.
Live a Comment
Your email address will not be published.