MAURITIUS/ESTONIA: Mauritius and Estonia sign MoU on Digital Cooperation
30.11.2017-Port Louis/ The Republic of Mauritius and the Republic of Estonia signed on 29 November 2017 a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Digital Cooperation. The MoU was signed following a meeting between the Prime Minister of Mauritius, Mr Pravind Kumar Jugnauth, and the Prime Minister of the Republic of Estonia, Mr Jüri Ratas, in the margins of the 5th Africa-European Union Summit 2017 in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
The areas of cooperation identified and included in the MoU comprise:
- implementation of the national data exchange layer based on Estonian X-road in Mauritius;
- awareness building on cyber security and protection of critical infrastructure through training and exchange of experience in areas of data protection, cyber-crime and protection of critical infrastructure;
- support by the Estonian government for the setting up of the e–Governance Academy – a Centre of Excellence, which will be hosted in Mauritius and which will act as the hub for Member States of the Indian Ocean Commission and for East-South Africa;
- promotion of cooperation among private ICT companies for implementing e-services; and
- cooperation between educational institutions especially on e-governance related studies.
The following institutions will be responsible for the implementation of the MoU: the Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation; the Attorney General's Office, Ministry of Justice, Human Rights and Institutional Reforms and the Ministry of Financial Services and Good Governance and the e-Governance Academy, Estonian Association of Information Technology and Telecommunications of the Republic of Estonia.
Live a Comment
Your email address will not be published.