CAMEROON: Child adoption - Social Affairs ministry publishes procedure.
16.06.2017-Yaoundé/ Some 75 applications on child adoption are presently under review at the Ministry of Social Affairs.
The applications are those deposited in 2016.
Officials at the Ministry of Social Affairs say the applicants are expected to abide by the following procedures before their requests are granted:
- Present their marriage certificate
- Certificate of non- conviction
- Being at least 35 years old
- Must have been married for over 10 years with no child with one of the spouses at least 35 years old.
- Maintain a 15 year gap between the adopter and the adopted.
- Show prove of financial eligibility, amongst others.
This list of documents are published at the Ministry of Social Affairs for interested applicants.
Documents that were deposited in 2016 are presently undergoing some scrutiny after which will be scrutinised by the Judicial bench before applicants get a response.
Live a Comment
Your email address will not be published.